It's summertime once again, that dreaded season when the sun decides to plague us with its constant and burning presence (sorry, sun Nazi here). With humidity and heat levels reaching an all-time high (an infernal 42 C in Cagayan Valley just last week!), I decided that it's just fitting that I tweak my beauty routine a bit.
Considerations should be:
SPF, SPF, SPF!Choose only lightweight, water-based, sheer-finish products
Waterproof/sweat-proof make up
Beauty philosophy: natural, dewy, and hydrated
1. Sunglasses (Php 250, Cebu Pacific)-they actually sell these on the plane, they're cute and cheap and I couldn't resist. Protect your lovely ojos from sun damage (especially the delicate undereye area) with a pair of oversized shades
2. Small scarf (H&M)- Keep hair away from your face with a scarf. Choose one in a fun print, and use as a headband or tie around your ponytail.
3. Umbrella (SM Department Store)- tote around a small, folding umbrella. Aside from wearing sunblock, it's also a lot better to have physical protection against the sun
4. Banana Boat Sport Sunscreen Lotion, SPF 50 (Php242, Watsons)- I've been using this for a year now and I love it! I always walk around in the sun and so far my skin hasn't darkened that much at all. It's also super lightweight and has a mild scent, unlike the heavy sunblocks of yesteryears that leave you smelling like you bathed in lana (coconut oil). Use daily all over the body for maximum sun protection
5. Nivea Shine–Free Collagen Protect Face Fluid SPF 30 (Watsons, Php 240)- use a separate sunscreen for your face. Choose one that's moisturizing and lightweight.
6. Maybelline Clear Smooth Aqua Gel Foundation (Department Stores, Php 350)- I don't wear foundation everyday, but if I had to, I would choose this. It's water-based, so it's lightweight and goes on sheer. Gives light to medium coverage. You won't feel like you're wearing foundation at all.
7. Victoria's Secret Airbrush FX Face Primer with SPF 20-again, not a daily essential but great for summer weather. Avoid make up meltdowns caused by heat and humidity with a face primer that's light and has SPF.
8. Myra E's Vitasmooth Shine-Free Face Powder with SPF 15 (Watsons, Php 130)- my current weapon against the oilies
I don't enjoying wearing too much products on my face when it's so hot out, so I prefer to put focus only on the cheeks or lips. The flushed (for fair-skinned girls) and bronzed(for dark-skinned girls) looks are so easy to do and could easily make you look healthy and glowing.
9. Nichido Powder Blush in Tomato and Cool Rum (Php 88, department stores)- love these! Inexpensive, nice packaging, and very pigmented. Be sure to blend out with a blush brush though, to avoid getting clown cheeks.
10. Allue Hypoallergenic Cheek Gel (HBC, Php 85) - formulated for pre-teens, hypoallergenic and has a mild, sweet scent. It's not very pigmented, but it's buildable- which I think is great to prevent blush mishaps. Can also be worn on the lips to give you that just-bitten look. Try this when you're going out for a swim or to the gym to give a subtle, flushed look.
11. HBC Mousse Blush in Pink (HBC)- another blush again which I love because it's sweat-proof, great for exercising or whatever. Very pigmented-a little goes a long way. Warm up the product with your fingers first before patting onto cheeks, as it's a bit difficult to blend because it doesn't contain silicons.
12.Etude House Dear Darling Lip and Cheek Tint in #3 (Etude House, Php 198)- my HG lip and cheek tint! I bring this with me everyday and everywhere I go. Nicely pigmented, smells good, doesn't taste bad, and is easy to spread. I love that it leaves a light stain even after I eat.
13. Human Nature Peppermint Lipbalm (Human Nature, Php 64)- get a tinge of coolness, even if it's only on the lips, with this refreshing lipbalm from Human Nature.
How about you, did you switch up your summer routine already? What are your summer favorites? :)