nuffnang code

Friday, February 24, 2012

Fake It: Long, Luscious Locks with Clip-in Hair Extensions

Have you ever dreamed of having long, Kim Kardashian locks but don't have the patience to actually wait for your hair to grow? The solution: clip-in hair extensions! Since I currently cannot rape my hair any further with more heat styling and chemicals, this grab and go, or should I say clip and go option is just perfect.

I spotted these one time while cyber-window shopping on the bank account nightmare that is Multiply.com. I researched a bit about them, and after some consideration I thought about giving it a try.

I ordered mine from Lulu Hair Extensions; it's one-piece, dark brown, wavy and 24 inches long. The seller is super nice and accommodating; she answered all my queries promptly. I also got my order the next day after I paid, which was great :)

When I opened my package, I loved it! It was super soft, looked so real, and super easy to use. The thing I love most about it is that you can look like you actually spent time doing your hair, when in reality you just spent a little more than 3 minutes on it haha. And of course, the fact that you can change your look anytime without causing damage to your real hair is another plus factor. I've worn it several times already and a lot of my friends didn't even notice I was wearing one.


How to Use:

1. Put your hair up in a half ponytail.
2. Attach clips in the middle part, make sure the hair piece is centered.
3. Take down the half ponytail. Make sure the entire clip area is covered with your natural hair. Lightly comb/brush, and that's it! :)


Here's a little comparison to give you an idea of how it actually looks like on me...






(Top: my natural, flat, fried hair. Bottom: with the wavy hair extensions. Photo credits to: Mien Tagua of TBPB)

What to consider when getting hair extensions:

1. Do you want real human hair, synthetic, or a mix of the two?

Real human hair obviously looks and feels like the real thing, is a bit pricier than the others, and you can curl/straighten/blowdry it without causing major damage. Lasts longer than synthetic hair. You can care for it like you do your real hair: shampoo, condition, and dry.

When choosing synthetic/mixed hair, make sure you get high quality ones, because cheap hair falls out and falls apart easily. With proper care, can last 6-12 months. Cheap hair cannot be heat styled as it cannot tolerate high heat which will melt the fibers. When caring for synthetic hair, ask the seller if there's any specific way to wash it. Some recommend shampoo and conditioner only, while some recommend soaking it in fabric conditioner.

2. Do you want the 8 inch, one piece system, or do you want to buy several 2 inch clips so you can choose how full or how long you want go?

Get the 1 piece system if you don't want to spend too much time doing your hair. But if you could spare a few extra minutes, get the 2 inch clips and buy around 8-10 pieces. This will give you more volume and length.

3. The length: some sellers offer a variety of lengths to choose from (like 15 inches, 22 inches, and 25 inches) or just one uniform length for all their hair pieces

4. The color: there are also a variety of options, from black, dark brown, light brown, blonde, and everything in between. If your hair is dyed, choose one that matches your current shade. 

5. The style: most shops usually have rebonded, wavy, and curly.

Happy hair hunting! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment