nuffnang code

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Nail of the Week: Cracking Nail Look

My aunt and mom had to do some last minute Christmas shopping today, so we headed to Limketkai Mall (in Cagayan de Oro) to buy gifts. My aunt didn't want to walk around the entire mall to look for gifts for everyone so we went to the mall's bazaar area. I did some browsing of my own, looked for kikay stuff, saw a stall selling overpriced Maybelline cosmetics, and finally, found this stall that sold a lot of inexpensive make up (but it was stuff from China, which I'm kind of hesitant to use). They also sold nail polishes in cute colors, so I picked a bottle up and saw that it was cracking nail polish. And they sold it for only like Php 50! I only bought two shades to try out because my praning side was telling me to google the product as soon as I got home to make sure it didn't contain toxic ingredients or something.


When I got home, I was excited to try it out.  Luckily, I was still wearing my gold glitter polish from last week, so it was the perfect base color.









I totally loved it! Talk about a super quick, easy and inexpensive manicure. It took me less than 10 minutes to do since I already had a base color; and since it was cracking nail polish, I didn't have to worry if it goes on smoothly or not. I'm definitely getting more of these babies. (BTW, I did google the brand and didn't find any alarming articles about it being toxic :D )

A little how-to guide for cracking nail polish manicure:

1. Apply base color of choice, let dry
2. Apply cracking nail polish (it's best if the colors are contrasting)
    tip: apply a thin coat if you want numerous, small cracks, and a thicker coat for bigger cracks

No comments:

Post a Comment