nuffnang code

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Review: Maybelline Watershine Lipstick P11

Maybelline is currently having a sale on all its products, the discounts range from 20-30% off. Their items are flying off the shelves! I wanted a new pale pink lipstick, and so I headed to the nearest Maybelline counter, swatched a couple of testers, and fell in love with shade P11. Unfortunately, it was already out of stock back home (at Iloilo City); but luckily, they still have stocks here in Cagayan de Oro.




This is how it looks on my lips:



Over-all look

The good: I love the color, it's a very pretty pale pink. Exactly what I was looking for. Packaging is pretty too. Price is ok, I got it for Php 209, that's already with 20% off. Regular price is Php 299.

The bad: A bit too shiny for my taste (I know the label says Watershine Diamonds, but I didn't expect it too be sooo glossy). I hate having anything sticky on my lips, it makes me look (and feel) like I just ate lechon. I call it the "lechon look". Plus, it's pretty annoying when my hair sticks to my lips. Color pay-off is not too good, it takes me several swipes to get the color I wanted. One or two coats look very sheer on lips.

My two cents: I will only repurchase if it goes on sale again. I'm still on the look-out for the perfect baby pink. I might try Elf's lipstain next.

xoxo,

ChinChin

2 comments:

  1. hi!

    i love Maybelline lippies too, and got the P11 :) the pale pink color is what sold me out, hehe. what other colors do you suggest aside from the P11? thanks!

    xo,

    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  2. from maybelline watershine? havent bought anything new from then since cos i don't really like the super shiny effect lol :)

    ReplyDelete