nuffnang code

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

ELF Brightening Eye Color Quads Review

ELF eye breightening shadow quads make the most perfect travel companions! Bringing huge make up pallettes when travelling can be such a pain (in the shoulder) and you won't even get to use all those colors anyway.


I have tried 3 of their quads- Drama, Ivy, and Pretty in Pink. Since I have different reviews for each of them, I'll discuss them by color.



1. DRAMA- basic smokey eye pallette; with a white shadow, gunmetal gray, black, and silver
The good: Great for nights out, will fit perfectly in a small purse. Blends easily too. Get great smokey eyes in less than 5 minutes with this.
The bad: The gunmetal gray causes a lot of fall out, but that can easily be remedied with some loose powder and a fan brush. Also, the black isn't very pigmented if used just by itself. Try misting your brush with water when using the black shadow.




Left: Drama without primer
Right: Used the black with primer to make the color pop

2. IVY- earth toned greens; contains a light mint green, olive green, forest green and golden brown.
The good: Nice for everyday work/school looks. The darkest color, forest green, is very pigmented. Goes on the eyelids as it looks in the pan. I didn't need to use primer when I used this quad.
The bad: None!
Left: Ivy without primer
Right: Ivy with primer
Pretty much looks the same, right? :)

3. PRETTY IN PINK- contains a white shadow, cotton candy pink, a mauvy pink, and a baby pink
The good: Also works for daily use, very pretty colors
The bad: Not very pigmented. I was very disappointed with this quad. I thought I would be able to easily create a nice Barbie look with it, but the colors don't show up that well unless I use an eyeshadow primer and use a wet brush for application.
Left: Pretty in Pink without primer
Right: Pretty in Pink with Primer

My two cents: Fall outs and poor pigmentation have their solutions, so I will continue purchasing these. The price and the size are winners!

Get them at SM Department Stores and Watson's Outlets at only Php129 per quad.

No comments:

Post a Comment