nuffnang code

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Lip Loving

A girl can never have too many lipsticks, so goes the saying. Or was it shoes? Anyway, my little lip color obsession took over today and I ended up with 4 new products- two lipsticks, a lipliner, and a lipgloss. I bought all of these at two different Christmas bazaars running now (Metro Christmas Bazaar @ PNB and another one at Plazuela). At only Php 150 each, I really couldn't resist. So here's what  got:







1. Wet n Wild Lipsticks in 519A and 521A



Left: 519A, Right: 521A






The good: Before this purchase, I've already been a fan of Wet n Wild lipsticks because I really like how pigmented they are. What you see in the tube is what you get when you put it on your lips. These lipsticks aren't matte, and are just a teeny bit glossy. I like how it doesn't dry out my lips. Staying power is pretty good too, I managed to get through a meal and leave the restaurant with red-stained lips sans retouching.


I am so in love with the 519A! It's such a beautful, true red with blue undertones (my first true red, since most of the reds I own are deep, dark ones). The 521A, on the other hand, is fuschia with blue pearl. It's a nice, fun color and kind of 80's-ish.


The bad: Smudges when not used with lipliner


Conclusion: I love these! Great steals at such a low price. Just make sure you have lipliner (either one in the same shade as the lipstick or a neutral liner).Would definitely repurchase.

2. Maybelline Line Stylist Lipliner in Red 510



The Good: It's not like the usual pencil liner. It comes in a tube, and you have to twist it in order for the product to come up. It's a really pretty red shade, and the liner is very thin, reducing your chances of messing up a perfect line.


The bad: It's not retractable! Once you twist the pencil, you can't twist it counterclockwise to make it retract into the tube. So if you get one, DO NOT play with it and make the liner go all the way up, because it will stay like that.


Conclusion: I'm 50/50 on this one.Color and staying power are great, but I really don't like that it's non-retractable. And the very thin tip of the pencil makes it difficult to line the entire lip area. And since the product packaging is opaque plastic, I really don't know if there's still a lot of product left.


3. NYX Brush On Gloss in Copper Penny





The good: Copper penny is like an old rose shade, with hints of shimmer (but not too glittery). It's also pigmented, unlike some lip glosses that look really pretty in the tube but when you wear it just looks really sheer or barely-there. It's perfect for everyday wear or those days when you can't be bothered about what to paint on your face. Pretty much goes with anything.


The bad: None


Conclusion: I like this. Would repurchase


Left top: Nyx Brush on Gloss in Copper Penny
Left bottom: Maybelline Line Stylist in Red
Right Top: Wet n Wild 521A
Right bottom: Wet n Wild 519 A

If you want to get these products, go visit the UC booth at the PNB Metro Christmas Bazaar (running until Dec.17) and the Plazuela Bazaar (I'm sorry, I failed to get the name of the booth or the seller but I was sure it was beside Pomelo Clothing's booth). Happy shopping!

1 comment:

  1. I think I'm inlove with Wet n Wild 521A! I hope I find one soon :)

    ReplyDelete