nuffnang code

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Shiny Discoball Nails

On a random trip to the mall today, my girlfriend and I dropped by one of our favorite kikay places- Etude House. I wasn't particularly looking for something specific, I was just browsing around and spent most of my time at the nail polish section. I love their nail polishes! They have lots of great colors in a variety of finishes (glossy, matte, glittery, high beam), they don't chip off easily, and unlike most locally produced nail polishes, they don't dry up quickly inside the bottle. If there's anything I hate more than a broken nail, it's globby nail polish that leaves clumps of color on the nails.


And since I was totally feeling the holiday spirit, I tried on glitter polish-something that I have never, ever been a fan of before. And it was love at first swipe! I got the Lucidarling Fantastic Nails Spangle in #9, with gold hexagon glitters in a clear base.




How To:






1. I used Etude House Nail polish in BR209 as a base. Now, this part is optional. You can just use clear polish as base, or experiment with other colors as you please. Let dry.


2. Apply the glitter polish. Layer on as many coats as you like.


3. Coat with clear nail polish to make the manicure last. I used Etude House nail polish in WH701.




And tadaa! The result:





Shiny disco ball nails! I opted to cover the entire nail area with glitters, giving it a very nice gold foil effect. Very christmasy I.M.O. But for those of you who prefer the glitters in moderation, what's great about this product is that you can easily control how much glitter you want.


It's official, I am now a glitter convert.

No comments:

Post a Comment