Black and silver smokey eyes are really easy to do and this is my go-to look when I'm in a hurry to do something quick yet dramatic for night time events. It only makes use of 3 eyeshadow shades and 4 products (trio eyeshadow, black eyeliner, eyelash curler, black mascara). And once you've mastered it you can do this in 5 minutes, I swear :)
Here's what I used and how I did it:
This is the palette I used, Wet N Wild Color Icon Trio in "Don't Steal My Thunder". This is particularly helpful for those who are still totally confused with where to put particular shades of makeup on the eye, because each of the shades already have labels on where to apply them (browbone, crease, eyelid)
1. Apply eyeshadow primer
2. I applied the white e/s all over the eye as base color, from lids up to browbone
3. Put the silver e/s on the lids only
4. Using a crease brush, apply the crease color (black e/s) on the outer V and on the crease of the eyes
5. Go over browbone and lower lashline with the white e/s to highlight these areas. Don't overdo it on the lower lashline, though.
6. Smoke out the lower lashline by applying a bit of black eyeshadow with a fine brush. Blend with the line of the outer V
7. Curl lashes, apply mascara, and top off with black liquid eyeliner.
P.S. Don't forget to blend every now and then to avoid harsh lines.
And that's it! Very do-able right? How about you, what are your favorite makeup looks for night? :)