My first tube of EB matte lipstick was given by my gay bff, and it was in the shade "Skin". I immediately fell in love with it. I loved its nude color, a perfect match for black smoky eyes. And unlike other matte lipsticks I've tried before, it didn't make my lips dry.
I currently have it in 4 colors. I actually have a fifth one, Off Beat Pink, but I accidentally left it in the trunk of my car for a week so it melted and broke off :(
L-R: Skin, Mauvey, Pink Flame, Scarlet
L-R: Skin, Off Beat Pink, Mauvey, Pink Flame, Scarlet
On my lips:
- Skin- a nude color, great with smoky eye looks. I don't like it for everyday use, unless I do intend to look sick for that day. haha
- Off Beat Pink- a pale pink shade, top with gloss and it looks like something Nicki Minaj would wear (not included in lip swatch)
- Mauvey- a muted mauve shade, kind of looks like Skin, only with slight purple undertones
- Pink Flame- this has officially replaced my Face Shop PK102 as my everyday lipstick. A very pretty pink, perfect for when you want to feel girly
- Scarlet- on the tube, I expected it to be a true red with blue undertones, but on the lips it was actually more of a coral shade. Not what I expected, but still nice
- The color selection- they have a nice selection of the basics: nudes, pinks, and reds. They carry more than 10 shades
- The consistency- doesn't dry out lips, doesn't flake even after long periods of time
- Color pay-off- they're nicely pigmented, but if you really want the colors to show up apply 2 or more coats
- The price- only Php 145 each
- It's Philippine-made :)
- You can find these practically anywhere- department stores of malls (not just SM), Watson's, Rose Pharmacy. If you need an emergency purchase or a quick beauty fix, they're so easy to find
What I don't like:
- The packaging- it looks nice, but the colored cap comes off so easily! You can either glue it on to secure it, or just remove it altogether to avoid messy mishaps in case it comes off inside your bag.
- Minor quality issues- before you pay for your purchase, be sure to let the saleslady check if the item has no damages. Some of the lipsticks look like they could break off easily from the holder. They also easily melt in the sun, so don't leave them out too long in hot places.