Hi girls! I did this eye look using the ELF eyeshadow quad in Butternut. This would be great for work, school, church or other daytime activities. I used a really simple technique to contour the eyes, no need to spend a lot of time trying to blend this out.
Product Used: ELF Eyeshadow Quad in Butternut
Since the shades don't have specific names, I just numbered them. I only used 3 of the shadows for this look.
1. Put eyeshadow primer
2. Apply shade #1 all over the eyes, from lids to browbone
3. Apply shade #2 onto the lids only
4. Using a crease brush, take #3 and apply it on the outer part of the crease and blend it in going inside. Swipe it in a windshield-wiper motion. The color should be on the crease only, no need to define the outer V.
5. Apply more highlight color, #2, to browbone.
6. Go over the entire eye area with a blending brush to make everything look more natural.
7. Add liner and mascara if you want (I didn't, I just curled my lashes) and you're done! :)
Close up shot: See how the brown eyeshadow is evenly blended out on the crease only and not so much on the outer V
See how natural and barely-there it looks? Nothing dramatic, it just looks like an enhanced version of the eyes :)
How about you, what are your favorite neutral eyeshadow palettes? :)