So essentially, what a primer does for you is that it preps skin for make up application. It's supposed to reduce/mask the appearance of large pores and fine lines so your make up looks totally flawless. It pretty much serves the same purpose as a paint primer, smoothing out any rough surface na hindi keri ng liha before laying on the paint.
I've been using this for a few months already and I can't really bring myself to say that I love this. I like it, but it isn't exactly Holy Grail material. I think there are other better options out there.
Smoothness you can touch, transformation you can see, even up close!
New Base Magique Transforming Smoothing Primer instantly smoothes pores and creates an even surface, so that you get a more flawless make-up result that lasts.
The silky, lightweight formula glides onto skin and minimises the look of pores and fine lines to transform your skin surface.
What I Like:
- Keeps oilies away
- Can make a bad foundation formula last all day
- Also improves staying power of anything else you put on your face
- Doesn't cake under makeup
- Makes skin look like it's glowing from within
- Didn't break me out
What I don't like:
- Unhygienic packaging (wish this came in a tube!)
- Doesn't cover up and reduce the appearance of fine lines and large pores that well :|
- A bit difficult to spread, you have to warm up the product first with your fingertips before applying, because if you don't it ends up looking patchy.
- It made foundation application a bit difficult too (especially if the formulation dries up fast) so you have to be really quick when blending it out
- This is not the best product if you're always in a hurry or you don't have the patience to figure out the best way to apply it
Would I repurchase?
Maybe not. As soon as I finish this jar, I'm trying out a different brand.
Where to get:
At L'oreal counters at Watsons or department stores, Php 945 for a 15 ml jar (but since I got mine on sale, it was only around Php 700+)
Have you tried out this primer already? What can you say about it? :)