nuffnang code

Saturday, May 12, 2012

L'oreal Base Magique Transforming Smoothing Primer

Last December, L'oreal had a sale on ALL of their products (25% discount) and I thought it would be the best time to try out their newest face primer, the L'oreal Base Magique Transforming Smoothing Primer. 


So essentially, what a primer does for you is that it preps skin for make up application. It's supposed to reduce/mask the appearance of large pores and fine lines so your make up looks totally flawless. It pretty much serves the same purpose as a paint primer, smoothing out any rough surface na hindi keri ng liha before laying on the paint.


I've been using this for a few months already and I can't really bring myself to say that I love this. I like it, but it isn't exactly Holy Grail material. I think there are other better options out there.







Product Claims:

Smoothness you can touch, transformation you can see, even up close!
New Base Magique Transforming Smoothing Primer instantly smoothes pores and creates an even surface, so that you get a more flawless make-up result that lasts.
The silky, lightweight formula glides onto skin and minimises the look of pores and fine lines to transform your skin surface.

What I Like:

  • Keeps oilies away
  • Can make a bad foundation formula last all day
  • Also improves staying power of anything else you put on your face
  • Doesn't cake under makeup
  • Makes skin look like it's glowing from within
  • Didn't break me out

What I don't like:

  • Unhygienic packaging (wish this came in a tube!)
  • Doesn't cover up and reduce the appearance of fine lines and large pores that well :|
  • A bit difficult to spread, you have to warm up the product first with your fingertips before applying, because if you don't it ends up looking patchy.
  • It made foundation application a bit difficult too (especially if the formulation dries up fast) so you have to be really quick when blending it out
  • This is not the best product if you're always in a hurry or you don't have the patience to figure out the best way to apply it

Would I repurchase?
Maybe not. As soon as I finish this jar, I'm trying out a different brand. 


Where to get:
At L'oreal counters at Watsons or department stores, Php 945 for a 15 ml jar (but since I got mine on sale, it was only around Php 700+)


Have you tried out this primer already? What can you say about it? :)

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the product review.. I was suppose to purchase this primer last month, glad I didn't. My current face primer is Revlon Smoothing Primer and Smashbox Oil-free Primer. Both are really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I havent tried the one from Revlon, hows the consistency is it easy to spread? :)

      Delete
  2. I have this, it's working for me. thank you for following me! I followed you back, you have a nice blog! <3 love it!! I can't reply to your comment for some reason! anyway, thank you again! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Base Magique does have its good points pero I guess I would rather spend my money on something that i'll love hehe.. Thanks for following back dear! :)

      Delete
  3. aww :( I was planning to buy this primer pa naman :( thanks for the heads-up though. buti na lang I visited your site. lol :D What's your favorite primer pala?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this has mixed reviews, too bad this is one of the very few times i didnt bother to check out makeupalley.com for a review before purchasing :( i'm using victoria's secret airbrush fx face primer :) easier to spread and doesnt interfere with my foundation application

      Delete