I have a confession to make- I am a BB cream virgin. You'd think that because I pretty much like everything that you can put on the face, I'd have jumped on the BB cream band wagon and tried several brands of the stuff. But no.
I never really thought of using BB creams because I'd stockpiled a year's worth of face sunblock cream, and I didn't see the need of adding yet another step to my morning beauty regimen.
But a few days ago, I was shopping at Etude House and I was given a sample of their BB Cream. Needless to say, I was sold! It was a lot like liquid foundation, but better. Aside from being just make up, some BB creams (Blemish Balm cream) work as skin care as well. It has SPF, moisturizers, and other active ingredients depending on the type you get.
The best way to convince someone like me to try something out was to give a sample, and this time it really worked. I decided to buy my 1st ever BB cream (not from Etude House, because I didn't want to splurge just yet haha) from Maybelline.
8-in-1 BB Cream. Miracle skin perfector. This all-in-one product is a moisturizer, sun block, and foundation. It contains 8 healthy minerals for 8 healthy skin results, giving you flawless skin in an instant. Moisturizes like skin care. Oil-free formula keeps skin hydrated for up to 24 hours. Protects like sun block. SPF26/PA+++ protects against harmful UVA and UVB rays.
Covers like a foundation. Hides flaws and imperfections without feeling heavy on the skin. Dermatologist tested. Suitable for sensitive skin. 8 healthy minerals: Copper, zinc, magnesium, sodium titanium, and 2 iron oxides.
8 healthy skin results: 51% more smoothness, 33% more radiance, 18% more hydration, 13% improved clarity, 12% less dark spots, 15% less redness, 5% pore size reduction, 24% better appearance.
Last 2 photos, with BB cream: skin looks smoother and skin tone has been evened out. The scar on the upper left side of my lip has been covered pretty well
What I Like:
- Easy to spread
- Evens out skin tone, made it look smoother and brighter, like I just had a good night's sleep (which I never get)
- Reduced the appearance of 2 fresh scars I had on my face
- Covered up my black heads and other minor discolorations
- Great for everyday use
- Didn't cause break outs
- This comes in 1 shade only, but it blended into my skin just fine
- No white/grayish cast
- Comes in a small tube, convenient for travelling
What I Don't Like:
- I tried using it without powder, and my face oiled up in like 15 minutes (this was in hot weather). And when I did set it with powder, I still had to constantly retouch every 2 hours.
- It only offers medium coverage and it wasn't pigmented enough to totally cover up my undereye circles. So for girls who prefer heavy coverage, this might not live up to your expectations
- You'd think that because it's a lot cheaper than other BB creams, you'd get more bang for your buck. But the truth is the tube is so small (18 ml) that if you do the math, it just ends up costing the same as other brands
Would I repurchase?
Not yet. This is my first BB cream, so after this one I'm probably going to try out other brands.
Where to Get:
Maybelline counters, Watsons. It's priced at Php 249, but I got mine for Php 224 because it's currently on sale in Watsons :)
What's your favorite BB cream? What brands could you suggest? :)