Mila has really gorgeous eyes and in most of her make up looks, this is the feature that she plays up. This particular look is inspired by a Cosmo magazine cover she has done last February 2011.
This is a brown smokey eye with mattes and slight shimmers; the entire lid is light-colored and shading/contouring was done only on the outer V and crease.
For my interpretation of this look, I used:
Flesh-toned eyeshadow (matte)
Pale peach shadow (shimmer)
Brown eyeshadow (shimmer)
Dark brown eyeshadow (matte)
ELF liquid liner in black
Etude House Baby Volume false eyelashes
Estee Lauder Magnascopic mascara
Etude House Drawing Eyebrow Pencil in Brown
1. Put concealer all over eye area as base, then apply the peach-colored shadow on lids only (upper lashline to crease)
2. I used an ultra fine liner brush to create a "cat's eye" outline on the outer V with the brown eyeshadow. Shade the crease area also to create depth.
3. Fill in the outer V outline with the dark brown color. Blend as you go along. Don't apply any dark shadows onto the lids
4. At this point, eyes should look a little like this. Don't forget to highlight the browbone with the peach shadow as well :)
5. Fill in and define brows, line upper lashline with black liquid liner, and apply black pencil liner onto the waterline. With the fine liner brush, apply brown eyeshadow onto lower lashline
6. Apply false eyelashes, and mascara onto lower lashes.
That's it! Brown smokey eyes are so versatile, it can go from day to night and shades like these are easy to find (try Elf's eyeshadow quad in Butternut for this look). This would work on a variety of eye shapes too, from deep set to chinita eyes.
I know I don't look like Mila, pero na achieve din ba yung eyes? What other looks would you like to see? :)