I was feeling a bit sad yesterday, and I decided to combat a bad case of the blues with some pinks! There is nothing quite like make up to cheer me up on a gloomy day (food comes in at a close second).
For some reason, I've been gravitating towards pinks and stuff with pretty packaging lately. Those are practically the reasons why I got these in the first place. Oh and the prices, of course! :)
I went to my favorite place to get make up- the department store. I got a matte pink lipstick from Nichido and a duo blusher from 4U2. I'll do separate reviews for each to avoid feekchoor overload :)
This is my second purchase from 4U2, the first one was lipstick. I was satisfied with the quality so I wanted to try something else from them.
I was actually supposed to get Elf's Duo blusher/bronzer but then after browsing some more, I saw this and got this one instead. Did a road test today and I must say I did not regret switching Elf for this!
Swatches (Middle: pink shade, Bottom: bronze shade)
What I Like:
- Like I said, pretty packaging! I also love that it's small and compact and already has a mirror and a brush included inside. This baby could easily fit into your make up kit or small purse for night time events.
- The brush included is pretty decent, no shedding (yet) but this type of brush is easy to replace and cheap
- It's a duo blusher, so you can contour with the darker shade and color with the pink shade. There are also other shades available, so you can choose one that matches your skin tone best
- It has a pearlescent finish- no messy glitters or shimmers. I hate products that contain a lot of shimmer because sometimes it just ends up everywhere- my clothes, hands, stuff, etc. Good thing this one isn't like that
- Very pigmented. A few strokes will go a long way.
- Staying power- it lasted a good 10 hours on me without any retouching in hot and humid weather. In fact, the longer I wore it the more natural it looked
What I don't like:
Would I repurchase?
Where to get?
4U2 counters at department stores and Watsons, for Php 194
Tips on How to Use:
- When using pigmented products, just remember to apply make up in a place with adequate lighting (you don't want to look like you literally did your face in the dark) and to build up the color gradually. Tap out excess product from the brush too before applying it on the face.
- Use the pink if you want a nice rosy blush, the bronze for a contoured look, or combine both for a sun-kissed effect.
How about you? What's your favorite blush/bronzer?