nuffnang code

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Darks and Pastels: Eye looks

I came up with these eye looks last Holy Week, when I was stuck at home with nothing to do. I initially wanted to try doing one look only, a deep green smokey eye inspired by a Make Up Forever Ad. But when I opened my 88 Original palette I saw all the yummy pastel colors and I just had to do a pastel look too. I was too lazy to do separate looks so I did it like the old times (when I was in grade school haha) and did different looks for each eye.

The first one I'm going to show you is the green smoky eye look. This is the ad that inspired it. I'll probably try to redo the entire look again soon.

My version:


The shades in numbers:
1. Mint green e/s all over eyes as base color, from lashline up to browbone and in the inner corners of the eye
2.Forest green e/s from lashline up to crease
3. Choose a dark green color for the outer V and the crease to contour the socket
4. Use black e/s and blend it in with the dark green to deepen the contour of the eye. Blend out to avoid harsh lines
5. Take a black pencil liner and tightline your eyes. 

The model in the ad is wearing false lashes, but I couldn't find my lash glue that time so I just used mascara.

Where to Wear: since it's a dark, smoky eye, it would be great for parties, special occasions, or nighttime events. But if you're bold and daring enough to wear this during the day, go!! Smoky eyes for day are so ferosh.

 
The second look is all pastel colors, very light, fun and girly:

 
The shades in numbers:

1. Icy blue all over the lid, from lashline to browbone
2. Orchid e/s all over lids, from lower lashline to crease
3. Lavender e/s on outer v of the eye, use this also to contour the eye socket. 
4. Hot pink e/s applied with a slanted brow brush to line the upper and lower lashline only

Where to Wear: great for daytime events/occasions, or for ordinary days when you want to add a pop of color to your face

 



The two looks on me (sorry if I look like a crazy person, I do not recommend you do it like this going out btw).


No comments:

Post a Comment