nuffnang code

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Myra E Vitasmooth Shine-Free Face Powder with SPF15

Last week, I accidentally dropped my Johnson and Johnson's powder compact and broke it into a million pieces. I would usually rotate between J&J and Maybelline face powders, so this time I thought about trying something I haven't used before.

When it comes to face powders, I just want it to be super basic- mild, non-comedogenic, translucent, no heavy coverage. With or without SPF is fine, because I always use a moisturizing SPF before heading out. Face powder is something I use on a daily basis so I don't like anything heavy to avoid clogging my pores.

After a few minutes of scouring Watsons' aisles, I got Myra E's Vitasmooth Shine-Free Face Powder with SPF 15 in Light.


Swatched on fingertip



The Claim:

Myra VitaSmooth Shine-Free Face Powder is a light face powder that covers blemishes for a naturally flawless and shine-free look.  

It is enriched with Vitamin E that nourishes skin and SPF 15 that protects you from the sun's UV rays.

Directions for use:  Apply gently and evenly on face. 

What I like:
  • Small, compact packaging
  • Vitamin E-enriched
  • Hypo-allergenic
  • For those who like multitasking products, this one already has an SPF of 15
  • Nice, even coverage
  • Not heavy/cakey. The shade light doesn't make me look like I dipped my face into a bowl of flour
  • It didn't break me out
  • Does a very good job of keeping the oilies at bay- sometimes I don't even have to retouch at all
What I don't like:
None
The Verdict:
I super like this product! It has good coverage and evens out my skin tone. It covers up like Maybelline's powder foundation but it's not as heavy. I patted some product on my undereye area and it brightened up a bit, so I didn't even have to wear concealer. And the thing that amazes me the most is that during the one week that I've used this, 4 out of 7 days I didn't even have to retouch at mid-day! (Note: I have combination skin, with my T-zone oilier than the rest of the face; and my work involves a lot of walking and sun exposure). And the days that I did retouch, I only did so once. 

Would I repurchase?
Yes!

Where to get and how much:
Watsons, Department Stores, Php 130 for 10g

No comments:

Post a Comment